The Office of the Supreme Leader

Khums year for the single youth

Q: Should unmarried youths who live with their parents specify their own date for the khums year? When would their year start? How would they calculate for that?

A: It is obligatory to specify the khums year if the unmarried youth has a personal income no matter how small the amount is. This is to calculate annual income and to pay khums on the amount that is left over from his/her income at the end of the khums year. The beginning of the year would start from the receipt of the first income.


700 /