The Office of the Supreme Leader

Khums for a permanent debtor

Q: An individual does not have a yearly account for khums and now he wants to pay khums and have a yearly account. He has been in debt from the time of his marriage up to now. How should he account for the khums?

A: If he has never had any income in excess of his annual expenditure, he is not obliged to pay anything with regard to the past.


700 /