The Office of the Supreme Leader

Newly Asked Questions

  • The Latest Questions
  • Taqlīd
  • Authority of the Jurist Leader (Wilayat al-Faqih)
  • Purity
  • Prayer
  • Fasting
  • I‘tikāf
  • Traveling
    • Conditions of a shar‘ī travel to be achieved
    • Tarakhkhuṣ limit
    • Distance
    • Wife's and Children’s dependence
    • Rules of watan and intending a place as one’s watan
      • Terms Required for Abandoning Hometown to Be Materialized
      • The Required Time Period for Having a New Adopted Watan
      • Abandoning Original Watan
      • To Make the Previous Homeland as Watan after Abandoning It
        Print  ;  PDF

        To Make the Previous Homeland as Watan after Abandoning It

        Q: I was living in a city for many years before I have moved to another place and have abandoned my first city and started praying shortened prayer when I was there. Is my shortened (qaṣr) prayer there correct?
        Knowing that my parents and my uncle’s family are still living there, what can I do if I want to make it my watan again?

        A: After abandoning your previous watan, you are considered as a traveler and you should say shortened prayer if you enter or pass through it. If you want to make it your watan again, you should reside there for a period by which the common view can consider you as a normal citizen and then there you have to pray in full.
      • The Shar‘ī Watan
      • Original and Adopted Watan
    • A traveler’s praying and fasting
  • Khums
  • Zakāt
  • Ḥajj and ‘Umrah
  • Transactions
  • Banking affairs
  • Professions
  • Loan and Debt
  • Alms and Donations
  • Endowing and Ḥabs
  • Power of attorney
  • Nadhr, promise and oath
  • Rights
  • State laws and public property
  • Religious places
  • Cultural and social affairs
  • Found and abandoned things and those of an anonymous onwer
  • Judicial issues
  • Medical issues
  • Looking, clothing and association
  • Marriage and divorce
  • Women
  • Minors and Wards
  • Sports, Competitions and Entertainment
  • Food and drinks
  • Rules of some sins
  • The dead
  • Jurisprudential terminology
700 /