To Implement section of Article 110 of the constitution law. After consulting the Expediency Discernment Council of the System, Ayatollah Khamenei declared the general and approved social security policies to heads of Iran's three branches of power, the chairman of the Expediency Council.
According to the order of the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution and in the implementation of paragraph "c-1 (Jeem-1)" of the requirements for the implementation, the executive branch is obliged, with the help of the Islamic Consultative Assembly and the Judicial system and mobilizing the responsible agencies to provide the comprehensive execution plan of these policies that includes submission of the bill and the necessary regulations and executive measures within six months.
General social security policies have been declared in order to generalize and integrate the system's efforts and initiate leaps in this field. Given its importance and comprehensiveness as an upstream document, its realization requires fundamental changes in current laws and regulations and serious efforts in this area.
The following is the content of general social security policies:
In the Name of Allah, the All-Beneficent, the All-Merciful
General social security policies
Creating public welfare, eliminating poverty and deprivation, Supporting various strata and target groups, including the unattended, the incapacitated, and to design and to implement an efficient, empowering, justice-based, dignified and comprehensive system for the social security of all, which is based on Irano-Islamic models and based on an efficient administrative system, eliminating unnecessary organizations, eliminating undue discrimination and benefiting from popular participation and whatever necessary for the social security principles mentioned in Articles 3, 21, 28, 29, 31 and 43 of the Constitution; The following arrangements must be observed:
- Establishing a comprehensive, integrated, transparent, efficient, all-inclusive and multi-layered social security system
- Creating a specialized and cross-sectoral mechanism in order to maintain order and coherence of related affairs, layering and grading of services, creating unity of procedure, applying strategic supervision in the development and activity of organizations and funds and institutions active in relief, support and insurance and formation database through observing security considerations related to the armed forces and security system of the country
- Adherence to rights and observance of intergenerational obligations and non-imposition of plans without intergenerational financial guarantee, sustainable resources, observance of insurance calculations and balance between resources and expenditures, and maintaining and enhancing the value of reserves of organizations and social insurance funds as property belonging to the people with emphasis on fidelity, security, profitability and transparency by creating the necessary mechanism
- Reformation of laws, structures and organizations of social insurance organizations and funds in order to ensure justice and unify the rules and regulations of insurance and prevent the creation and accumulation of government debts and the observance of insurance rules and provide the guaranteed and intergenerational finance
- stratification of relief, support and insurance affairs and grading services with an active government approach based on resources and eligibility, in the following order:
- Relief work from insurance coverage, public participation and government assistance
- Support affairs with the aim of eliminating poverty and social damage, ensuring the basic level of services from government, public and people sources
- Basic insurance affairs for the members of the society based on their situation from the insurance premiums of the insured, employers and the government
- Surplus and supplementary insurance matters from the participation of the insured and employers with tax incentives and government legal support in a competitive environment
- Maintaining the purchasing power of the weak strata of society by adjusting the wages of the employed, the pensions of retirees and the pensions of the unemployed
- Apply an appropriate approach to eliminate the apparent effects of poverty and social damage in the low-income urban areas and rural and nomadic sections
- Expanding and ensuring social justice, reducing the social gap by reforming subsidies, giving individuals access to social security services, empowering entrepreneurship and eliminating undue discrimination in the use of public resources.
- Establishing a national system of benevolence and charity and creating a link between the people's capacities and the responsible bodies
- offering the necessary services to strengthen the family and birth rate
- Obligation to prepare a social security appendix for the country's major plans and programs