Ayatollah Khamenei, in the implementation of paragraph one of Article 110 of the Constitution, presented the general policies of the seventh plan, which were determined after consultation with the Expediency Discernment Council and with the priority of economic progress combined with justice, to the heads of the three branches, the Chairman of the Expediency Discernment Council and the Chief of the General Staff of the Armed Forces.
The Leader of the Islamic Revolution, while thanking the intensive activity of the members and the secretariat of the Council in providing opinions and active participation of the three branches of power and other elements of the system, called the preparation and approval of the seventh plan law based on these policies as another step in realising the goals of the system and emphasised on the active monitoring of the excellent implementation of policies.
General policies of the 7th program have been approved in 7 headings "Economic", "Infrastructural Affairs", "Cultural and Social", "Scientific, Technological and Educational", "Political and Foreign Policy", "Defense and Security", "Administrative, Legal and Judicial" and in 26 paragraphs.
The contents of the letter of the Leader of the Islamic Revolution and the announced policies of the Seventh Five-Year Plan are as follows:
In the name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful
The general policies of the seventh plan, which is set with the main priority of "Economic progress combined with justice", are announced:
I sincerely appreciate and thank the honourable members, especially the Honorable Chairman of the Expediency Council and its Secretariat, who, with intense activity and great effort in the meetings of the Council and the relevant commission, examined the draft of the general policies of the seventh plan and presented their opinions to me in this regard.
The active and effective participation of the government, the parliament, the judiciary and other system elements also deserve praise.
The preparation and approval of the seventh plan law based on these policies and its accurate and responsible implementation will be another step in realising the goals of the holy system of the Islamic Republic of Iran, as well as the active supervision of the Supreme Supervisory Board of the Expediency Discernment Council will help the implementation of the general policies of the program.
It is appropriate that some of the ways of realising policies and financial requirements and quantitative indicators that are in the proposals of the Council and are not among the announced policies should be considered and implemented to the extent of the government's capacity and capabilities in preparing the bill.
Sayyid Ali Khamenei
The 11th of September, 2022
In the name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Merciful
General policies of the seventh five-year plan
1. The general goal and foremost priority of the 7th plan, in accordance with the approved general policies, is economic progress combined with justice with an average economic growth rate of 8% during the program, with an emphasis on increasing the productivity of all production factors(human resources, capital, technology and management).
2. Establishing stability at the general level of prices and exchange rates, bringing inflation to a single digit within five years, directing liquidity and bank credits towards productive activities, and making unproductive activities less attractive.
3. Modifying the government budget structure through:
- Enumeration and clarification of public debts and obligations of the government and management and payment of debts.
- Realising resources and managing government expenses, and avoiding budget cuts.
- Determining the status of half-finished construction projects by handing them over through the participation of non-governmental private and public sectors in profitable construction projects.
- Clarifying and regulating the revenues and expenses of the NIOC (National Iranian Oil Company) and other government companies in the budget.
4. Bringing about changes in the tax system with the approach of turning taxes into the main source of current government funding, creating new tax bases, preventing tax evasion and strengthening the role of guiding and regulating taxes in the economy with an emphasis on the prosperity of production and tax justice.
5. Establishing a comprehensive social security system including relief, support and insurance areas at the basic, surplus and supplementary levels in order to provide fair services.
6. Ensuring food security, producing at least 90% of basic goods and food items domestically, maintaining and improving genetic reserves and water resources, and increasing food health and safety.
Modifying the cultivation pattern according to regional advantages and water resources and giving priority to the production of strategic agricultural goods
7. Establish an integrated management system of the country's water resources and increase agricultural water usage efficiency by about five per cent.
Control and manage surface water and increase underground water resources through watershed and aquifer management.
Planning to obtain access to other sources of water and recycling industrial waters and wastewater.
8. Maximum increase of crude oil and natural gas production in common fields.
Increasing the recycling rate in independent fields.
Increasing added value through the completion of the oil and gas industry value chain.
9. Implementation of several huge national economic plans, driving, infrastructural, modern and forward-looking.
10. Activating geographical-political advantages and turning the Islamic Republic of Iran into a centre of exchanges and commercial services, energy, communications and transportation by streamlining regulations and creating and developing the necessary infrastructure.
11. Realisation of the general land development policies with regard to the actual and potential advantages and implementation of its prominent cases with special attention to the sea, coasts, ports and border waters.
12. Improvement of the health system based on general health policies.
Cultural and social policies:
13. Elevating public culture in order to consolidate the Irano-Islamic lifestyle, strengthen national solidarity and self-confidence, and promote national identity and the spirit of resistance, work and effort in the society by mobilising all the facilities and capacities of the country, governmental and public institutions and institutes and influential scientific and social individuals and personalities and the government's effective support for it.
14. Strengthening the efficiency and effectiveness of the national media in expanding and deepening the Islamic-Iranian culture and effectively confronting the enemies' psychological warfare and cultural and political invasion.
15. Strengthening the institution of the family and removing the obstacles to women's growth and prosperity.
16. Increasing fertility and birth rate to at least 2.5 within five years with all-around support for having children, removing obstacles, and creating effective incentives and cultural reform.
17. Developing the tourism industry and promoting handicrafts.
18. Promoting social health and preventing and reducing social harms, especially addiction, marginalisation, divorce and corruption, based on valid indicators and taking maximum advantage of people's participation and with appropriate timing.
Scientific, technological and educational:
19. Establishing national sovereignty and protection of Irano-Islamic values in the virtual space by completing and developing the national information network and providing appropriate content and services, and promoting cyber power at the level of global powers with an emphasis on strengthening and security of the country's vital infrastructure and big data.
20. Increasing the acceleration of scientific and technological progress and innovation and their commercialisation, especially in the fields of information and communication, biotechnology, microtechnology, and new and renewable energies.
Modernising and upgrading the country's educational and research system.
Politics and foreign policy:
21. Active activism in official and public diplomacy by creating value and revolutionary transformation and capacity building in human resources in the diplomacy apparatus and targeted and effective cooperation of organisations and institutions responsible for foreign affairs.
22. Strengthening the economy-oriented approach in foreign policy and regional and global relations and strengthening economic ties with the priority of neighbouring countries.
Defence and security:
23. Strengthening the defence power in order to improve deterrence and acquire the power-creating technologies needed by the defence and security industries, emphasising the country's self-sufficiency in priority systems, equipment and services by allocating at least 5% of the country's general budget.
24- Strengthening the infrastructures and optimising public mechanisms and devices to protect and improve resilience against threats, especially cyber, biological, chemical and radiological threats, prioritising civil defence.
Administrative, legal and judicial:
25. Transformation in the administrative system and reforming its structure based on the general policies of the administrative system with an emphasis on creating smart services and realisation of electronic government, removing parallel and unnecessary organisations, updating laws and regulations, reforming methods and eliminating corruption and its grounds in administrative relations.
26. Updating the judicial transformation document and its implementation with emphasis on:
- Prevention of crime and conflicts.
- Making the processes smart and using new technologies in the provision of judicial services.
- 100% execution of the cadastre.
- Legal and judicial support for investment, economic security and improving the work environment.
- Using people's capacities and developing collaborative and non-judicial methods in settling claims.
- Strengthening and stabilising the share of the judiciary from the government's general budget resources and providing the financial and employment needs of the judiciary.
- Raising the scientific level and moral competence of judicial officers.
- Revision of the laws to reduce the actions considered crimes and reduce the use of prison sentences.